Notice to International Students unable to come to Muroran by November 18, 2020, due to travel restrictions
[Undergraduate and Graduate Students]
This is an update to the “Notice to International Students unable to come to Muroran by the start of the 2nd semester due to travel restrictions” dated August 27, 2020. Note that this does not go for international students who arrived in Muroran before October 1, 2020.
- Most of the classes in the 2nd semester are conducted face-to-face, but some of the classes are conducted online to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection.
- If you can attend face-to-face classes by November 18, 2020, you can sign up for them under the permission of the faculty member in charge, so please contact the faculty member taking charge of the class. If your request is not accepted, the course registration can be cancelled.
- If you come to MuroranIT on and after November 19, 2020, you will not be able to register for face-to-face classes in the 2nd semester. You can only attend online classes and intensive courses, but in case you can take only a few credits, we recommend you to take a leave of absence from university. Intensive courses are scheduled from February 10 to February 26, 2021.
- Students who can come to MuroranIT on and after November 19, 2020, due to government travel restrictions on departure from home countries and entry to Japan, and wish to take the 2nd semester off do not have to pay tuition fee for the semester concerned in case they complete an application of leave of absence by March 31, 2021. Please note that the period of a leave of absence will not be included in the standard period of study (a minimum of 4 years of study is required for undergraduate students, 2 years for MC students, and 3 years for DC students).
- As a special measure in response to the spread of the coronavirus infection, if a student takes a regular exam in February 2020 and passes it, the student will be allowed to earn credits for the courses taken in the form of remote class after returning to university. For this reason, students who need to earn credits must take the regular examinations in February 2020.
- First of all, please consult with your supervisor regarding your class schedule, research content, research plan, etc.
7.For classes offered in the 2nd semester of this year, students can take them in the same semester of next year.
For document submission or any inquiries, please contact the Center for International Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.