Stronger countermeasures and requests during Golden Week period (From April 29 to May 9)
State of emergency and priority measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 have been issued in several prefectures in Japan.
In order to minimize the risk of infection during the Golden Week period (April 29 to May 9), please pay special attention to the followings, requested by the Hokkaido Government, in addition to the University’s “Action Guideline for Avoiding COVID-19”.
○Countermeasures against COVID-19 infection in Sapporo City
From April 17 to May 14, thoroughly refrain from direct human contact.
Also, as much as possible, avoid outings in and travel to and from Sapporo.
○Countermeasures against COVID-19 infection during Golden week (From April 29 to May 9)
– Please properly implement infection prevention countermeasures when going out, eating and drinking, and working.
– Do not go on trips where you will be eating or drinking with a lot of people. If you can, postpone your trip.
– When you go to see cherry blossoms, please avoid crowded places, and do not have gatherings where eating or drinking is involved.
– Depending on how the infection spreads in the future, we may have to conduct classes remotely again. In this case, we will post a notice on Campus Square, so please pay attention to the notice.
○To prevent the spread of COVID-19
– Refrain from going out if you are not feeling well.
– Thoroughly implement risk avoiding behaviors when interacting with people who are at high risk for serious illness.
– Please refrain from non-essential, non-urgent travel to and from Areas with Active Requests for Behavioral Restrictions.
※Areas with Active Requests for Behavioral Restrictions※
Yamagata, Miyagi, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Nagano, Aichi, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Tokushima, Ehime, and Okinawa Prefectures.
– Use stores and restaurants where official guidelines like “New Hokkaido Style” are being practiced.
– Keep “silent eating” policy (up to four people, short time, no heavy drinking, no shouting, and wearing a mask during conversation).
Action Guideline for Avoiding COVID-19
Information site for COVID-19 from Hokkaido Government
Website of Hokkaido Foreign Resident Support Center