Notice to International Students unable to come to Muroran by the start of the 2nd semester due to travel restrictions
This notice is only for international students who cannot come to Muroran by the start of the 2nd semester (October 1, 2021) due to government travel restrictions on departure from home countries and entry to Japan. Note that this does not go for international students who arrive in Muroran before October 1, 2021.
[Undergraduate and Graduate Students]
1. The classes of the 2nd semester
– The classes of the 2nd semester start on October 1, 2021.
– The course registration period is from October 1 to October 14.
– All classes will be conducted online from October 1 to October 14.
– After October 15 most of the classes in the 2nd semester are conducted face-to-face, but only limited number of the classes continue to be offered online to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection.
2. In case you can attend face-to-face classes by November 18, 2021
– You can sign up for them under the permission of the faculty in charge, even after the course registration period. For details on how to register for classes, please contact the Center for International Relations.
– In regard to the absent period of a class, please consult with the professor in charge, as it may be substituted with reports and supplementary classes.
– If you are planning to attend face-to-face classes, please take the online classes from October 1 to October 14, 2021.
3. In case you can come to MuroranIT only on and after November 19, 2021
– You will not be able to register for face-to-face classes in the 2nd semester.
– If a class is conducted online, and you take it, you can register for it regardless of the date of entry.
– Intensive courses are scheduled from February 14 to February 28, 2022, but if you wish to take them, please contact the Center for International Relations.
– You can only attend online classes and intensive courses, but in case you can take only a few credits, we recommend you to take a leave of absence from university.
4. Leave of absence
– Students who can come to MuroranIT on and after November 19, 2021, due to government travel restrictions on departure from home countries and entry to Japan, and wish to take the 2nd semester off do not have to pay tuition fee for the semester concerned in case they complete an application of leave of absence by March 31, 2022.
– Please note that the period of a leave of absence will not be included in the standard period of study (a minimum of 4 years of study is required for undergraduate students, 2 years for MC students, and 3 years for DC students).
– For the application form of leave of absence, please contact the Center for International Relations.
5. Classes at Graduate School and research supervision
– First of all, please consult with your supervisor regarding your class schedule, research content, research plan, etc.
– For classes offered in the 2nd semester of the 1st year of master’s course, students can take them in the 2nd semester of the 2nd year.
– DC students in the 3rd year expected to complete the course in March 2022 are allowed to take preliminary and public examinations through online platform.
[For document submission or any inquiries]
Please contact the Center for International Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.