BCP LEVEL raised to 2 and request for cooperation in anti-infection measures
Dear Students, faculty and staff at MuroranIT,
Since the end of year-end and new year holidays, the new coronavirus infectious disease has enormously spread all over the country. MuroranIT has also witnessed some cases of being identified as positive or close contacts. In consideration of highly contagious COVID-19 variants and increased number of infection, MuroranIT has decided to raise its Business Continuity Plan (BCP) from Level 1 to Level 2 from January 21st, 2022.
As most of the University’s activities face some restriction, we would like each and every one of you to continue to join our efforts to contain the spread of the coronavirus by following the University’s Action Guideline for Avoiding COVID-19 and the Request from Hokkaido Prefecture.
The increasing number of infection has not been confirmed as being caused by educational and research activities of the University. However, group activities such as having a dinner together have led to the rise in the number of infected cases. Therefore, we strongly request that all of MuroranIT members work together in the following measures to prevent the spread of infection so that the University can continue educational and research activities on campus:
- Refrain from attending group activities such as dinners, drinking parties, karaoke.
- Avoid unnecessary and non-urgent trip to and from areas under semi-emergency coronavirus measures or state of emergency. Also, please do not take part in activities with people who live in these areas.
- If you feel unwell, please do not come to the University or go outside.
- Make sure to thoroughly implement preventative infection measures such as hand washing and disinfection, ventilation, and the use of masks.
- If you get infected / are designated as a close contact person or if you are instructed to take a PCR test from a health center, please report it to the following sections in charge immediately:
-International students: Center for International Relations (0143-46-5888, email@example.com)
-Faculty and staff: Labor Management Section, General Affairs and Public Relations Department (0143-46-5013, firstname.lastname@example.org)
* During nights, weekends, and holidays, please contact the office of security guard (0143-46-5067)
Muroran Institute of Technology